Your roof covers your entire home and its extensions if any. It keeps you and your family and all your belongings well protected from the elements and provides security to your home as well. In addition to this, a roof installation represents a significant investment and should ideally last you for decades. With all this in view, it goes without saying that when you are choosing a roofing material for your home, you would have to choose it with care. While you are doing this, the other important factor is that you would have to choose the roofing contractor with care as well. There are a number of aspects you have to take into consideration while selecting one, such as:
- Experience and reputation
- Roofing techniques the company uses
- Types of roofs the contractor installs
- Insured and licensed company
- Residential and commercial roofers (based on your requirements)
- Warranties on material and workmanship
- Personalised attention
- Cost effective services
- Willing to provide references
- Should provide detailed quote
- Have on-site supervisors
- Provide timeline for work
Different types of roofing materials
The roofing techniques used will be dependent on the type of roofing materials used, such as:
- Terracotta/Clay– These are very traditional roofing materials that are time-tested and used across Sydney for various properties. Terracotta has an undying charm and adds to the aesthetics of different types of properties; it complements the look of formal as well as informal styled homes and commercial structures. The existing roof will be removed and repairs will have to be carried out as required. The underlayment will be installed and the battens will be affixed to the roof. The clay or terracotta tiles will then be meticulously fitted over the battens and the ridge tiles will be fitted about these.
- Metal– Today, this material is gaining a lot of traction in the roofing space and many commercial, residential as well as industrial buildings now sport roofs made of metal. Colorbond steel is one of the most popular roofing materials and is available in a range of colours that give you design flexibility to create the look you want. The roofing technique used in this different from that used for terracotta tiles. A complete older roofing will have to be removed, all moisture removed and repairs will have to be actioned. Once the insulation layer is added, the colorbond steel roofing can be installed over it
- Concrete– These are also in tile form and are available in profiles such as flat, low and high. Concrete tile roofing is durable and is available in a range of colours. It requires a great deal of skill to install this roofing and it can be installed over a single ply base over which insulation has been fixed.
For more information about the different types of roofs that we can install for you, call Sydney Roofing Group at this 0420 443 117. We also handle all types of roofing repairs and maintenance. You can send us your queries through this form as well.