Types of Roofs & Roof Repairs
Today, there are a number of roofing materials- some of them have been around for centuries while others are considerably new entrants into this space. Regardless of the type of roofing material you choose, you want to be sure it will give you years of trouble-free service. Installing a roof represents a major investment and its best to conduct some research before you decide what roof you will install in your home. Let’s take a look at the different types of roofing materials available:
- Shingles – This type of roofing has been used for homes across the country for a number of decades now. These are available in metal, slate, terracotta, synthetic polymers, asphalt and wood. Most of these roofing materials are time tested and last for decades
- Metal – This material is being increasingly used for roofing in modern homes across Australia. When people think of replacing their old and worn out roof; they opt for metal roofing. Colorbond Steel and Zincalume are two very popular metal roofing materials
- Terracotta tiles- This is a classic roofing material that is available in a variety of designs and styling. The tiles are strong and durable and don’t get discoloured either.
- Concrete- This material is also quite popular and is cheaper than most of the other options. Concrete roofing can be in the form of tiles or slabs.
Regardless of the type of roofing you have, and how well you maintain and care for your roof, over time, there is bound to be a certain amount of wear and tear. When that happens, its important that you hire the services of a company that provides roofing repair services. We at Sydney Roofing Group have been operating in this space for a number of years. We are the experts that provide outstanding, customized roof installation, maintenance and repair services to customers across the region. It’s important to identify when you would need roofing repairs. The signs to look out for are:
- Rust on roof fixtures
- Tapping sounds through the ceiling when it rains
- Dampness inside the house or building
- Water overflows from the roof gutters
- Brownish stains on the walls or ceiling
- Flashing that is peeling back
- Missing flashing
If you have noticed any of these signs or anything else, its best to call in roofing specialists to tackle the job. When it comes to roofing repairs, there is no fixed method that is followed. The repair work will be based on the type of material used in the installation and the specific problem. We use the best materials in our work and ensure that the repair work is carried out to your 100% satisfaction. For more information, simply call Sydney Roofing Group at this number- 0420 443 117. You can also connect with us via this form.